Sunday, June 21, 2009

sunday is chicken stock day again


An eventful trip to Gua Musang has resulted in a bit of a delay in updating my blog. I hope I have not lose any readers out there (if there are any?). Haha.

Anyway, I'm going to continue about the chicken stock thingy because it is a Sunday. For those of you who have try out this simple and wholesome recipe, I hope the chicken stock has serve you well. Do you remember that we do have those cooked chicken after straining the stock properly?

This is what I normally will do,

I will shred some up for sandwich fillings preparations (for that lazy afternoon when cooking is the least I want to do). Mix the shredded chicken with good quality mayo, a bit of premium butter, season well with salt and pepper. Or to go further, spiced up the filling with cayenne pepper or cumin powder. For that added crunch, add crispy bacon bits... I recalled that a friend did mention that it is hellish to eat wholemeal bread. But I assure you, not with these fillings... but please do not count the calories. God bless your soul...

I will also keep some of these for that kuay teow soup luncheon or dice up the chicken into cubes for fried rice and stir fried vegetable dishes. Nothing is wasted in my kitchen and I do take pride in that.

Have a great weekend folks.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I am waiting to taste your creation one day. Don't forget you still owe me a menu.

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    Anyway, my beer garden is up. Drop by in the evening for a chill out!

    See ya!

    ReplyDelete