Friday, June 26, 2009

grease and filth, be gone in the name of bio wipe!

Being almost a full time house hubby, I have the time or kaypo enough to give those persuasive, smooth talking "aunty 杀手" salesmen a chance to peddle their wares. I chanced upon this product, "bio wipe" while having my favorite wan tan mee at Hong Lim Complex hawker center.

Salesman ah beng was demonstrating the "wonders" of this bio wipe to clean impossible stains and filth. He vandalized the wall and pillar column of the HL Complex with a marker pen, crayons, paint, black engine oil, grease etc. Just a few squirts of this wonder product on the vandalized wall, the stains were gone!

Ooh, I'm impressed...

The ah beng salesman even joked that he was doing the town council a favor by helping them to clean the wall. Ha. Funny fellow...

"Uncle, this thing so powerful, will it damage my timber flooring or not?" I casually asked.

"Sir! You mean my hand is tougher than your timber flooring?" Ah beng salesman retorted while he squirted a plenty of this "bio wipe" on his hands and rubbed them together as if applying premium moisturizing lotion. He then shoved both his hands in my face and frantically waving them.

Ok, I'm convinced by his brave act of putting his hands on the line...



First look at this colorless liquid did not reveal any sign of "potency" though it did smell like brake cleaner. The instruction also mentioned that it is non toxic, non caustic, non flammable and friendly on the hands. I supposed since it is named "bio wipe", it should be bio degradable. Hmmm...


The instruction also calls for the bio wipe to be diluted to a ratio of 1 part "bw" to 10 part water.

Ok, now for the field test.


A few squirt on the greasy stove and a quick wipe down with a rag.

Lo and behold, the grease and filth are all gone as advertised. I would suggest a second wipe down with a wet cloth to rid the stove of the car brakes cleaner odor.


Cleaning job done in 2 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. Hi bro i'll be adding your blog link into the Singapore Fishing Blogs Directory keep up the good work bro.

    http://sg-fishing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alan for your kind words. I'm honored to be link to you. Your blog have been a fishing adventure for me in my imagination...

    ReplyDelete