Sunday, August 23, 2009

ground zero



Sorry for the long hiatus. Chopchopkalipok has rented a stall in a canteen to fulfill his life long dream of operating a food outlet. Though it is a small stall, the amount of work to set it up was no easy task. More so with a mickey mouse budget. Haha.


The 2nd hand fridge costs me a few sleepless nights(I was told it was "second hand", it probably went through several owners in it's useful life time) which refused to work after 15 minutes of plugging in. The oldie fridge only relented after a few appointments with the repairman to coax it to come out of retirement. I called it "grumpy" as it is pretty noisy with out of balanced fan blades and cooling units. Well, I have no objection to him being noisy. At least I will know that he is still alive. I also had a "heart to heart" talk with grumpy that I depended on him to make a living. It worked. Haha.


Making appointments with contractors to fix up the gas piping, making small mods to existing display case was quite an "ordeal" that tax my patience. Having worked in a previous environment where punctuality is the order of the day, time does not seem to exist with these contractors at all. The only time when the contractors were punctual was when I purchased a new unit of stove stand from them. It dawned upon me that they probably sidelined all the "small jobs". Money talks... I decided to chuck my work schedule plan into the bin and cast my care to the lord during these 2 weeks of putting the stall together. 谋事在人 成事在天.

2 comments:

  1. thanks alan, do let me know if you are goning bbq again. will sponsor you some marinated wings for free. keep me posted...

    ReplyDelete